The Queensland Division holds an Annual Assembly of Delegates (AAD) each year, usually around the second weekend in May. This Assembly stands in place of an Annual General Meeting, which, due to the vast distances to be travelled, would be prohibitive for members to attend. Branches are represented by Delegates, the number of which is proportional to the branch membership.
The business of the AAD is to
- receive and consider the Auditor’s Report and the audited Statements of Account for the preceding year
- receive the report of the Division officers on the past year’s transactions
- to appoint the Auditor
- to elect the State Executive
- and to consider any such other business as the State Council or any member upon due notice of motion brings before it, and
- consider any general business may be brought forward at the discretion of the Chairman.
The AAD is held at a location decided by the members at the previous AAD.
An official dinner is held on the night of the AAD and National Awards are given to the recipients during the dinner.